08 March 2013

And so this was Christmas...

And so this was Christmas 1
Jávea, Nochevieja en casa de mis padres. Estamos digiriendo, hercúleo trabajo en estas ocasiones. La cena acabó hace un rato pero aún falta para las uvas. Polvorones y cava para matar la espera (y eternizar la digestión). Yo me pongo a dibujar el belén y lo que está al lado. Empiezo poco convencido pero en algún momento me doy cuenta de las hojas de flor de Pascua sintéticas, María y José del tamaño de Barbie y Ken, el ángel colgado del cuadro, y de repente todo se me antoja imprescindible y la pluma empieza a ir sola. Lástima que la fluidez no alcance a mis tripas.

And so this was Christmas 2
El impulso es tan fuerte que al día siguiente aún me quedan ganas de dibujar detalles de este tremendo escaparate, pero no quedan hojas de flor de Pascua que me inciten a colorear nada.

 Jávea, New Year's Eve at my parents house. We are digesting, herculean labor on this occasions. Dinner finished a while ago but we are still a bit far from the 12 grapes. Polvorones and cava to kill the time (and perpetuate digestion). I start drawing the Nativity scene and what's around. I start not so convinced but at some moment I realize the synthetic poinsettia leaves, Mary and Joseph the size of Barbie and Ken, the angel hanging from the picture frame, and suddenly everything seems indispensable to draw and the pen starts working alone. Alas, this fluidity doesn't got transmitted to my gut.
The boost is so strong that the day after I've still got fuel to keep on drawing spots of this tremendous showcase, but there are no more synthetic poinsettia leaves driving me to put some color.

1 comment:

  1. I liked the top picture when you posted it on FB, but I love the left-hand page of details, such a clever way to capture a room. I'll try to remember this an imitate it :P

    ReplyDelete