22 April 2011

Home landscapes

The last summer we left Italy. On the months before I felt the almost compulsive need of drawing our home in Casalecchio, near Bologna. It was somehow a way for fixing it in my mind. Of course I took some photos and made a video, but you know... when you draw, you look and stop and live and –maybe– see the scene. When I take photos I feel I can't see all I want because the camera is between my eye and the scene. It's the camera that works but just taking data.
HomeScapes-01
HomeScapes-02
HomeScapes-03
HomeScapes-04
HomeScapes-05
HomeScapes-06
HomeScapes-07
HomeScapes-08
HomeScapes-09

7 comments:

  1. Espléndidos Miguel.
    Los paisajes caseros es uno de los temas más interesantes que veo en los blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Siempre me gusta lo que dibujas. Aprendo mucho de tu forma de mirar las cosas. Otra cosa que me encanta es como incluyes el texto dentro del dibujo como parte de él y no te queda espachurrado. Me quito el sombrero...

    ReplyDelete
  3. los que mas me gustan son los 3 del baño!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea and sketches, I'm a little concerned about the hanging man though. I'm not sure I'd like to sit in a bathroom to record a toilet as you have :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gracias a todos!

    Thank you Sue! Actually I wasn't sit, as almost every one of my sketches this was made standing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Qué buenos Miguel.
    A mi, como a Josu, también me han gustado especialmente los del baño
    Un saludo

    ReplyDelete
  7. my god, i love your drawings, they remember me la quiete's, an italian band which i love. i'm followin' you.

    ReplyDelete