10 April 2008

Garabatos

"Garabatos" (in english it sounds more or less like gah-rah-báh-tohs) is a wonderful spanish word that corresponds to doodles in english, scarabocchi in italian, gargots in catalan, rabiscos in portuguese, griffonages or gribouillis in french, gekritzel in german, rabbel in norwegian, and каляки-маляки (kalyaki-malyaki) or каракули (karakuli) in russian. (New languages are welcome).Some weeks ago I decided to open a sketchbook just for garabatos. After deep reflection and using all my originality, creativity and fantasy, I entitled it "Garabatos". It is the 5th sketchbook I have in this moment. The others are the Big Partner and the Little Partner that suply most of my posts and are the only that I carry with me, Skeched Memories and DOACK.
Here are the first entries.









17 comments:

  1. "Garabato" bonito palabro!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. «rabiscos» thats how we call it in portuguese.

    ReplyDelete
  3. En catalán, "gargot" ;) ya tienes otra!

    Sabes que admiro de estos dibujos? La paciencia que debes de tener para terminarlos. A mi me cuesta un montón ser constante en un dibujo, soy de cuatro rayotes i terminar en una horita. Y claro, no es eso. Además es muy relajante obligarse a "alargar" ese momento. Me recuerda a los mandalas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Moltes gràcies, Atka, y lamento desilusionarte pero muchos de estos dibujos los hago mientras veo la tele. A veces me abstraen y dejo de atender a la tele, pero otras se quedan en un nivel bajo de atención, son bastante improvisados, y como dices tú, una especie de mandala, algo que tiene que ver con la meditación, vaciar la mente y dejar a la mano...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, these are fabulous. I particularly like the one that looks like a maze of pipes, but they are ALL fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your garabatos are beautiful! Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. me encanta la idea de un sketchbook sólo para garabatos, me la apunto!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your work is fantastic. It jumps right of the page (screen). I also like your sense of humor.
    Thanks for sharing.

    Cheers!
    Son

    ReplyDelete
  9. Me gustan mucho tus garabatos. En frances, pueden se llamar "gribouillis". Pero lo que interests me most is ver que tienes en tu cabeza y como le dibujas.
    Ok Miguel, sorry for the Fragnol-Spanglish thing going on in my words here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, France, tu parles très bien l'espagnol. Merci bien de ton comment, j'espere que ton demenagement is finished bien et que tu est hereuse dans ta nouvelle maison!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your doodles. Have you seen zentangles at http://www.zentangle.com?

    ReplyDelete
  12. fantastic! i have contributed my life to garabatos!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Puedes añadir "pego" a la lista. Palabro de origen cordobés. Aunque tiene una connotación diferente que garabato... Pego es literalmente tontería, soplapollez. Eso. Qué me encantan!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Me fascinan tus garabatos bien cuidados, en noruego se dice rabbel.

    ReplyDelete