16 July 2007

Tutti a tavola!!

I made this before knowing about EDM. They are illustrations for a book of recipes from the cuisine of Emilia Romagna. The editor didn't want dishes ready to eat, but products ready to cook. In a very EDMish approach, since these are quite traditional recipes he asked me for loose watercolor still lives, with not so many attention to the detail but to the atmosphere, avoiding any kind of modern tools and pottery.
They were all made with brown 0.7 pencil, Winsor & Newton watercolors and Talens Ecoline liquid watercolors on Fabriano 300g watercolor paper.
These are only a few ones, all the recipes can be seen here.

Fantasia di piadine con squaquerone, erbette selvatiche,
cipolla fondente e prosciutto crudo di Parma


Anolini alla parmigiana con salsa allo stracotto


Involtini di lombetto con roviggiolo speziato e crescentine fritte


Tortelli d'erbetta al culatello di zibello croccante, scalogno di romagna e parmigiano


Zuppa inglese meringata

17 comments:

  1. oh my gosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my stomach is growling!!! gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulously done! The colors, the design of it all-just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful and ambitious project. Please share the name of the cookbook with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow....you did a ton of drawings for this project!!!! My goodness. I think the format and style worked really well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work!
    The colours are so clean and fresh and your lines and brushstrokes so confident.
    Perfect for a cook book, after looking at these sketches I would NEED to cook something to cure my rumbling tummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing talent you have! I've enjoyed looking at all your drawings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's easy to see why you were recruited for this project - these are just gorgeous. You must have had much fun working on it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful illustrations! I can just imagine how they must look in the book!
    Ronell

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous fabulous fabulous! So clean and so...errr...fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. buenisimas! me encantan, todas hechas con el trazo tan seguro y los colores son perfectos

    ReplyDelete
  12. A mi, me gustan tambien mucho! Debe haber sido un trabajo tremendo hacerles todos! Perso son buenisimas, felicidades!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are great- cohesive, beautiful, great line, color, and composition. What a treat- I'm glad to have come across your blog! I'm really enjoying your art.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are beautiful! Simple and wonderful. Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my, these are beautiful! The colors! Well done!

    ReplyDelete