06 July 2007

EDM #32 and #123 (of metals and noises)

I live in an area that someone calls "the roaring heart of Italy" (Ferrari headquarters is located 25 km far from my house, Lamborghini 15, Maserati 35 and Ducati just 2, Imola Circuit 50 km and Mugello Circuit, 60). There is a huge tradition of metal and mechanic work (from manual crafts to high tech) and you can often find wonderful naïf sculptures like this one in stores, flea markets... or unsuspected places as the hairdresser's shop.
I took a quick scribble while waiting my turn and a photo to finish it at home.


This is an old birthday gift/joke. Heavy metal in this case: several hundred million dB of sound power, broken glasses, neighbor panic... My 11 y.o. used to ring it some time ago, preferably while I was drawing in 7th heaven so he could wake up my darkest, primitive and deeply hidden myself... just for a few seconds, lucky him.
It's been placed for some years on an upper shelf.

15 comments:

  1. I've just got in the house from...the hairdressers! Loving the sculpture. The bell is fabulous too - the colours are just AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you labeled all the parts to the sculpture (you have beautiful handwriting by the way) and how you managed to give a collecction of nuts and bolts such expressive features.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bell is fantastic! Great use of colors to depict the shiny surface and reflections!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sculpture is really interesting, and I love the colors in the bell.

    I once saw a similar bell on a counter with a small sign next to it that stated something like "More than one tap on the bell will cause instant death."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastis work here on your excellent blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your paintings, the style is really lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your line work on the sculpture is great! I love the colors you used on the bell and the way you unified it by pulling in some of the blue background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Miguelón: veo que el número de fans aumenta, y tu a medio gas, ¡DESTAPATE, muestra al glofosfera lo que esconde tu mano!.
    Te propongo un reto: cuentanos en trazos y con tus colores como recuerdas a la ¡ARTABURUU!.
    Un abrazo desde tu Madrid.

    CARLANGAS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Não te conhecia. Fantástico.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a beautiful piece of art. Great color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This bell is so cool. I like your view from the window too. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cool sculpture! Great sketches. That bell is beautiful and I love the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this! What luscious colors...

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are great!. The colors of your bell are organic and full of life. I think, however, I love and envy your lettering most.
    WELL DONE, I'll surely be back to check out your stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, I just love this bell - the way you've used colour. Wonderful. Found a link to you on everdaymatters. Hope to see you in Bologna one day. One of my favourite places in the world.

    ReplyDelete